Tuesday, January 31, 2012

FILM IS NOT DEAD!

Forgive me for my excitement but
I am in LOVE with my HOLGA 120 TLR...
and this is where I lose you,TLR? What is this lady talking about?
Twin Lens Reflex of course! Let me show you the difference,
This is a Regular Holga that uses 35mm film:

Now this is a Holga TLR that uses 120mm film:
Instead of looking through the back of the camera into the viewfinder you actually get to look down above the camera because a little trap door on the top of the camera opens allowing you to view whatever you are photographing.
OHH AHHH :)

Now onto the difference in film,
35mm:
120mm:

Now I will admit that the first time I used my Holga TLR I was beyond scared of loading the film wrong or not taping the back up properly to shelter it from major light leaks.
But alas YouTube, you have saved me once again from stupidity!
Now your all done shooting and its time to unload your film, here are some things you need to know. You do not need to use a darkroom when unloading your 120 film, subdued light works just fine since the film has a dark backing that protects the film. But if you plan on using a 35mm adapter with your Holga 120 TLR then you will need a "darkroom".

Now that I have bored you to death let me show you images that I got with my Holga!
(p.s. i used a fisheye lens attachment)





Disclaimer: Do not steal my images and not give me credit (how rude)
You wouldn't dare think of doing such a horrible thing now would you?
But...If you do I will have to track you down, get ahold of your mother
and have her spank you. Don't make me get ahold your mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment